Saturday, October 3, 2026

Carnival

 I guess Florida is different from the rest of the world, for as Carol pointed out, Carnivals are usually held around the Easter season (February to April), but Miami's and and Tamarac's was in October. 

Rain or shine, we take in the music events😉.

For years, we in Jamaica had no carnival, so when we wanted to jump and wine, we had to hop on the unreliable, Trinidad and Tobago-owned BWIA (aka Better walk if able or But will it arrive?) and take a flight in excess of three hours to see greats like the Mighty Sparrow. (He died at age 91 on September 27th, 2026).


Walk good honorable sir.🙏

He has been greatly missed ever since he becane ill, for no other Calypsonian had his creativity, energy, ability to deliver social commentary and he had a fantastic sense of humor too🤎.

We Jamaicans owe a debt of gratitude to the late, great musician, Byron Lee, leader of the popular dance band, Byron Lee and the Dragonaires, for importing Carnival into Jamaica so we could stop flying BWIA.

But I stray.

I am so happy I live in Tamarac, for they celebrate everything with free music sessions, and that's right up my street.



Last night there was a practice session for a street march on October 9, featuring Allison Hinds. (That will not be free though so I will skip it!😁.


It was a good evening with nice music and other features. 



Everyone had a good time. 

There was even a personal trainer there giving stretching therapy for a small fee.



Good for the old bodies. 🤣.

The event was held at the amphitheater and you could cool off at the water fountain afterwards if you so wished. 

The water fountain was turned on right there for cooling off.

Kudos Tamarac.



No comments: