Monday, September 22, 2014

Chikungunya or whatever

I will never make another chickunuya joke as long as I live for that damn virus is no joke.

Well I don't know for sure if that is what I got over the weekend for I did not get the rash which I hear is part and parcel of the package. And the fever and cold never really took on but I suspect that was because my ganja and white rum home remedy killed that in the bud. But lord the pain, I have never had such pain apart from in child birth.

 When it hit on Saturday morning, I swore I had aged about 40 years overnight as I felt like someone who had never stood up on my own two feet for a long time. The pain was everywhere too but worst at the front of my feet so I tried walking on my heel but I could barely stand up. Then I could not lift up my right hand, my left thumb hurt like hell and my head felt like it was splitting.

It took twelve Panadols before I could take a few steps without writhing in pain.Thank god for Al as he really was my saviour this weekend.

The minister of health keeps telling us there is no chik-v epidemic so I want to know what it is the at least 15 people that I personally know are having and so many other people around the island who are complaining about this strange painful illness.

 Maybe I did not have chikungunya, but whatever it was it was one hell of a virus and it made me miss two important events, the trip to Noisy River and the coastal clean up on Saturday 20 September.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Two friends, one from Waterhouse and one from Portmore, both say their whole families and neighbours have chickungunya. Dunno where Fenton getting his numbers from.