Saturday, May 21, 2011

Colorado is depressing.

I am convinced. the worse thing that can happen to you is to wake up and not see any sun. That's what i have had to put up with for the last three days Rain, hail and freezing weather, no sun. In fact, suicide statistics show that it is highest in places with depressing weather and now I understand why.

You know, everyone warned me about the wicked Colorado weather. Everyone except my daughter Michele who kept insisting that Colorado has more sun than Florida. ....that's the joke of the century.

At first, I tried hard to agree with her for despite the temperature being in the forties, the sun kept the place warm and tolerable.Then the sun left, permanently I thought for while the thermometer and weather reports kept saying it was the same as those first days, it started to feel like I was in Siberia each time I went outside!
So I stopped going outside until I had to drop off or pick up my grandson at school....no cycling, no shopping, no walking. yuk

Then came my birthday and guess what, beautiful sunshine. But wait, according to some nuts in California and their adherents worldwide, the world is supposed to end tomorrow. Hmm. I will wait till then to publish this post since they will prove to be to be total liars.

 In the meantime, we are heading off to  Colorado Springs to spend the day then my grandson is taking me for dinner.

Well I deliberately refused to finish this blog until I was certain where I would be when the world ended.


Here I am back in Denver and today was tolerable up to noon . In fact, I went walking to City Park......, a good hour to and from and now it has again become overcast but tolerable I guess.At least I am not in hell which is probably where I could have ended up had that idiot known what he was talking about.

Actually, I don't believe in  heaven and hell at all or even  the devil. I strictly believe in  reincarnation, the concept that I will be returning to some other part of this over billion year old earth or even somewhere else in  the universe really excites me. After all, I have not met anyone who came back and since we  can't be exactly sure,why not adopt the nicest theory? Hopefully though, I wont reincarnate in Colorado!


Anyway my birthday yesterday was quite nice. Devin, (my new son in law) took us to visit his brother who lives in a huge movie style house with two acres of land, horses dogs etc, in Colorado Springs. Its 2000 feet higher than mile high Denver so obviously colder. Luckily we when we got there it was sunny but we still stayed inside as it had snowed the night before so we stayed where we would be kept warm by the blazing fireplace.

They are a nice couple and it was great hanging out with them. Then we picked up Shadrach at school and he treated me to my birthday dinner. Lovely to have a rich grandson!

Even better to be one day older and not see this beautiful world disappear into nothingness!












we

No comments: