Monday, July 4, 2011

Back Home At Last

Its so wonderful to be home. Its not that my grand daughter is not the greatest thing since sliced bread and that I loved being with my family, but lawd di weather up there bad and the food!....The less said the better. Can you imagine life without jerk pork with skin, run dung, roast breadfruit, curry goat? Unimaginable.
My idea of a good breakfast.......Run dung, Dumplin, Yam etc


Oh how I love my friends. On Friday night I went to what is normally girls club night...that's when us girls get together to drink some vodka and coconut water or white rum and coconut water ....whatever, and the guys are happy to join us. Only this week there was a pile of people and a pile of wonderful food...smoked jerk pork, curried goat and chicken. For my dear friend Sunshine had secretly arranged a welcome home party. It was absolutely wonderful.

Then  Saturday my "Fun and thrills" family had a birthday party to honour those born in June and since I was away when they honoured then May born, I was included. It was overwhelming.
Sunday morning its was off  for a ride to Riversdale, St. Catherine to somewhere being described as the "The 8 th Wonder of the world" but its probably the 800th!
The ride was great and the participation good. As breakfast wasn't ready when we arrived, we walked down about 30 steps to the Flat Rock River, a tributary of the Rio Cobre, to see this 8th wonder. This is a natural bridge formed above the river and it is beautiful, picturesque. lush , interesting........ but hardly the 8th wonder.

After a short swim, there was a near revolution which could be dubbed the "Fun and Thrills Spring " (like the Arab spring) and calls for the overthrow of the Ayatollah as we were starving and no breakfast was in sight.
When we eventually got it, all was forgiven and we headed to another section of the river which was better to swim in. This is definitely a popular spot among the local residents and we met some really nice youngsters there enjoying themselves.

Though shallow, it had some natural swimming areas and the most awesome flat shaped rocks (hence the name of the river) not only surrounding the river but under the water as well. These are the types of geological formations which fascinate nature lovers and natural scientists.

After a wonderful day the sane ones among us headed for the vehicles, but the MTR's decided to ride back to Bog Walk and guess what? It rained cats and dogs.

All power to them!




For more photos, see;  Riversdale, https://picasaweb.google.com/home

2 comments:

Barry said...

The pics and write-up all tell me I missed a really great day at Riversdale.

I would have also loved riding over the hills with the guys and done the ribbie too.

Ah well. I hope we go back to Riversdale before I get too old.

Anonymous said...

Thanks , I have just been looking for information approximately this topic for a long time and yours
is the best I've found out till now. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the supply?
my website - Trampoline With Enclosure Clearance