Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another Wonderful Weekend

It was another great weekend at Silver Sands but boy did I get my ass cut at dominoes! Not to worry as we were playing bruk an spoil.  Anyway, it must have been my partner Oran who was the weak link since his girlfriend Jackie also played with him and got six love too!



Whitney and dad Bernard aka Bernie

Actually, before the big guns arrived, my niece Whitney had the presence of mind to go off to bathe when she and I were losing five love so we missed it earlier. Serve Stewart and Audley right as they wanted to take advantage of a new, inexperienced player and go boast about it.

Actually, it was still another great weekend although I never got to go fishing to surpass my performance the last time I did. It wasn't my fault anyway for I even went to bed early Saturday night to make sure I could get up early to go fishing, but guess what, my brother Bernie forgot to tell the fisherman that we were going.

It was lovely seeing my brother and his younger daughter Whitney again however. S she had just been called to the bar and was cooling out in Jamaica with her dad before going to work with government sponsored media house in Washington DC. This media house supplies information to far off corners of the world where television is unavailable (American propaganda I guess) and Whitney who speaks Mandarin fluently is looking forward to being sent to some remote corners in China. I think I am even more excited about the project than she is. It sounds like the kind of thing I would have loved to have done when I was young. Actually, I am taking  a bet right now that she is going to end up in politics one day and make a great success of it.




We all had a great time. The sea was absolutely calm and beautiful, the food great, the camaraderie with the thirty or so people who came to the domino session, great and of course, my brother was preening all over the place about his first grand child to the point where the pictures he brought for me, were in constant demand as he kept coming back to borrow them to show off to each guest as they arrived!

So Ian was the real star this weekend!


For more photographs see; http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150348753946823.396125.763366822&type=1

No comments: