Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Prime Minister of Jamaica

It is now a done deal, former minister of education, Andrew Holness will be succeeding Bruce Golding as the 9th prime Minster of Jamaica.

I am not at all surprised about his selection, just surprised that the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) which had developed such a terrible reputation for maximum disruption when selecting leaders, has managed this succession so flawlessly.

While Holness age 39, has been a popular favourite among Jamaicans of all ages and political loyalties, to me it is no big thing. He has apparently been a hard worker and a very visible politician and while I would not have had a problem with Audley Shaw becoming prime minister, I have no problem with him either. In my book, either of them will certainly make a better prime minister than leader of the opposition Portia Simpson Miller.

No comments: