Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Jaywalking

I just finished my daily walk, and  every time I jaywalk, I remember this wicked blue stripe cop in Half/Way Tree, Jamaica.

They had just inserted some grids on the main thoroughfares on which motorists were supposed, never to stop. Unfortunately for me, I was in slow moving traffic and the light turned amber just as I got on to the grid. Before I could move forward, a whole bunch of pedestrians stepped out in front of me and the light turned red.

This idiot of a cop was right there and saw everything but pulled me over and told me she was going to give me a ticket

 I asked her if I was supposed to have mowed down the pedestrians  and she ignored the question and kept writing. So I asked her why the hell she did not give the pedestrians tickets too  for jaywalking, to which she replied "There are no laws against jaywalking in Jamaica".

My only regret is that I forgot her face immediately so will never have to face the possibility of seeing her on the road as a defenseless pedestrian one day!

I guess that's a good thing.

No comments: