Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A White Christmas?

It looks like I will really have a white Christmas, the first since fleeing from the cold in Canada many decades ago.

The thing about Colorado though is that it has sun and unlike the Canadian sun, this sun is warm, so even though the thermometers are saying 30 or some other crazy reading, its not that cold.

It was a bit of a pain getting here though a I had to overnight in Minneapolis and man wasn't the flight getting there terrible…a really bumpy ride as they seemed to have been having a snow storm.

Then when I got to Colorado it was minus my luggage. Luckily Devin and I wear the same size so although my clothes did not come till I was sleeping on Sunday night, I did manage to bathe and get some clean clothes.

Next time I will stick to my old route, Miami then Frontier or Southwest. Never Delta again although they fly into Kingston.

I am amazed to find so few people doing last minute shopping here. So unlike home where the guaranteed crowd swells the last two days before Christmas. I was reminded by Michele however that here they do the bulk of their shopping on Black Thursday.

As usual my granddaughter is wonderful and it is going to   be a great Christmas.

2 comments:

Barry said...

Glad to hear it's all worked out for you. Not much of last minute shopper here either. I went into Ammars at Sovereign on Christmas Eve evening and the place was empty.

Sistergirl said...

Hi, just found your blog. My family have a very Jamaican Christmas from the Reggae Christmas songs, sorrel, English poppers to Boxing Day gift boxes. You have to make it fun for the kids so they appreciate the culture of their forefathers.