Saturday, September 12, 2020

Return to Epcot


The first time I went to Disney's Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, (Epcot), I think it was the one in California, was probably more than 35 years ago, but I had always wanted to go back. The problem was, each time I went to a Disney theme park, it was always with kids who loved superheroes, exciting rides, princesses, and cartoon characters. No one wanted to go to the Epcot theme park as either they complained they did not have enough time, they were tired or it just was not exciting enough. So it was always a Disney vacation minus Epcot. 

Well out of evil cometh good, for as I saw that they had a soft opening in Orlando after the long lock-down due to coronavirus, I thought I should take it in before it became too crowded. And it wasn't in September 2020.

When my granddaughter informed me that she wanted to visit me in December and go to Disney, I knew I had to move up my decision for I knew once we got there, Epcot would be out. To avoid any crowd, I decided to go right after the schools opened in Florida. It was the perfect decision and I am so happy I returned,  for it is really a fascinating and educational experience, far better than I remembered. 

Every attraction was a slam dunk except when I went to do the ride through the Alps to see the set of 'Frozen.' Then there was quite a line. It wasn't all that long but you have to remember the 6 feet apart system. So it wasn't that long a line, but it took the longest to get it.  It was worth the wait though, as was every exhibit in fact. Luckily I had checked the weather before I drove up to Orlando and took my plastic mac in my backpack, so when the heavy showers came down, I just strolled in the rain, feeling like a kid again. 

As there was a celebration of wine and food that week, many countries participated showcasing the best of their foods and attractions. I liked the China and Canadian displays the best and loved the Mexican mariachi band. I was fascinated by the exhibit on our relationship with the land, scientific advances in agriculture, soaring through the world, (a bit scary at first), spaceship earth, and in fact, just everything. It was so fascinating and interesting, that only when I was leaving that I realized I had been there from 11 am to 5pm.

As usual, I forgot where I parked and it was a bit scary for a while as I kept going around in circles for about 20 minutes before finding my car.😓

Leaving, I wondered how I had stayed away so long and resolved to go back again soon.

                                                OTHER PHOTOS FROM EPCOT


                            Elsa from Frozen rides in her carriage

No comments: