Monday, October 5, 2020

The best value for money in Florida

 

I wouldn't go as far as to agree with the sign declaring "Best Safari Park," but would probably agree if they added in the USA.

I was actually booked to experience, probably the best safaris on the planet in April 2020 in Kenya, but that monster called the coronavirus thought better of that plan. With little alternatives and since no one wants to let in anyone living in Florida into their country, I found I had to start exploring locally. And I am here to tell you that the Lion Safari Park in Loxahatchee, Florida, is by far the best value for money in the state.



Well, let me make a confession upfront. I am crazy about animals. All animals. They just make me want to hug them, no matter how big and fierce they appear. Actually, many moons ago I even wanted to become a vet but that's another story totally! ๐Ÿ˜…

Anyway, it is not at all unusual for me to go to the sparsest zoo or aquarium, and have a wonderful time. 

But the lion country safari is in another category totally and has just hyped me up more to find my way to Kenya as soon as possible. Hope it will be early February 2021. Ok, so I live in hope.


I was really enthralled from the moment we started driving slowly through the park and saw the huge Ostriches happily welcoming us. I was really looking forward to seeing the wonderful 'king of the jungle' as he appeared in the brochure but only saw his offsprings. What the heck. They looked beautiful and cuddly enough to make my day. 


I was especially fascinated by the rhinos that are so huge and ugly but appear so harmless as they ignored us totally or walked nonchalantly in front of our vehicle. I did notice that a few seemed to have some form of eye infection which led their carers to administer a white ointment all around their eyes. Hope they recover soon. 

Now, why would cruel humans want to massacre these gentle creatures for the fun of it? 


After having seen many giraffes over the years, I got the impression that these at this park were extra lazy as they stood so still for such a long time that people would not be too far off if they thought they were statues!


The chimps were so human-like too, that I was once again reminded from whence we came as I watched them interact within their community.


All in all, with family, I had a wonderful day just driving slowly and enjoying God's creations. I did wonder though how the operators were managing to feed and care for the over 1000 animals there, considering the entrance fee for this great experience was only $19, but I guess they know their business!


The animals are so wonderful and this park has once again reminded me how many species there are in this world. Hopefully, we will not continue to wipe them out at the present rate, for if we do, our children and grandchildren will be robbed of their beauty. But I worry for we are destroying our planet rapidly and causing so many species to become extinct. One really despairs. 


The good thing is though is that there are places like Lion Country Park where they are not only taking care of so many animals but also allowing us to appreciate their beauty, though for only a fleeting moment.












2 comments:

boudenis said...

We are so looking for hosting you for many wild safaris here in Kenya as soon as you are ready! Get prepared to get really amazed! Seeing all the animals that Kenya has to offer in their natural habitats is... well, you have to come to really experience the feeling!

Pam MMF said...

Nice article. Considering all the mayhem around us this is refreshing.

Judging from your layout and comments, you could do a very good brochure for them๐Ÿ˜Š