Monday, November 20, 2023

An interesting evening

 It took me quite a while to find this address on Google Maps, but I am happy I persisted. Yup, for when I couldn't find how to get there I was just about to undress when my mind instructed me to try once more.

You know what I dislike about Támarac? It's the fact that some streets have different names😡.

 Take the long and popular Commercial Blvd. I have resided close to a section of it for years, yet had no idea that it is also called N.W. 50th Street!

Not till I tried to find that address. 

Frustrating.

I am happy I persisted though, for it was an interesting event, as Dr. Trisha Bailey has accomplished so much despite the early hardships. And she has done it all before becoming 50 years old.

Maybe it's because she hails from close to my bush in St. Elizabeth😁.

Dr. Bailey (center) opens her newest pharmacy. At right is R. Oliver Mair, Jamaica's Consul General in Florida

She grew up in impoverished circumstances in Woodlands District in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica. As a teenager, she had to survive the horrors of sexual abuse at home from her step-father, then as an adult, domestic violence.

It was however in the USA that she entered that hell though, after migrating from Jamaica at age 13.


That kind of life would have broken the best of us, but as they say, it is the heat of the fire that makes the steel so strong. 

So she overcame such ultimate tribulations to become Jamaica's first female self-made billionaire and the owner of a chain of pharmacies in the USA, called Bailey's Medical Equipment and Pharmacy. 

Oprah Whimprey's 1993 autobiography was a great inspiration to her for it gave her hope, she said.

She summarizes it all in her book appropriately entitled UNBROKEN.



              Snippets of the entertainment




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to her!