Friday, October 11, 2024

The maximum disappointment

 Have you ever had something you wanted to do badly and it fell through because You the idiot, messed up😭?

I can't believe I did it.

Around 30 years ago, I visited the Polynesian Cultural Village in Honolulu and it made such an impression on me, that I vowed to return one day.

Well we were booked on a family cruise of the Hawaiian islands to start 10/12/2025, so I jumped at the opportunity to return to the Village, by coming to our departure port, Honolulu, early.

Well today was supposed to have been the day  when Michelle (who also came here early) and I were to head out in the adventure of our lives, but thanks to this damn old age thing, we never got to go!

For would you believe that I erroneously made the reservations for November instead of October!😬

To make matters worse, I never knew it was my error until I was boiling and ready to blow up everyone and everything.

You see, I was going on the reservation number and date but not the month

So off we went to meet the bus, only to discover they couldn't  find our names or the reservation number.

The wonderful, competent Cara Phillips 

To cut a long story short, after calling every number and getting nowhere, I marched furiously back to the hotel, demanding to see someone in management.  For I was prepared to take an  Uber there, but they would have to pay for it, I insisted.

That's where I met the most competent Concierge  I have ever met in my life.

 She is Cara Phillips. 

 After we found to our alarm that the Village was booked out for today, not only did she manage to calm me down totally, but also she booked us a great adventure which we are taking later.

Better yet, we will be able to be here when Michele and Maddy arrive. For they are coming in at midnight from Colorado and I had left the key at the front desk in case we never returned from the Village, which is 30 miles away, in time.

Yes, old age sucks but thanks to Cara, all is not lost as she has guaranteed that it will be a great Polynesian experience and she even saved me some money on the price❤️.

As I always preach, All things happen for the greater good.  So looking forward to a wonderful adventure later.

More anon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

High drama! Good ending! 🙌🏼