Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Of Crocodiles

I think I was eaten by a reptile in my past life, for that is the only logical explanation for my chronic fear of reptiles, from crocodiles to croaking lizards.

Anyway, with the help of Mr. Charles Swaby,
the operator of the Black River Safari, I felt so comfortable with a baby crocodile that I even played with it.

Not touching any croaking lizards though. Never. You see , croaking lizards are soft, crawly and yucky and just looking on them makes my skin crawl whereas at least the croc has a hard, coarse skin.

Anyway, it seems my long felt fear of crocs may be receding a bit, since I was convinced by Mr. Charles Swaby, operator of the fantastic and educational Black River Safari,  (also Jamaica's Crocodile Dundee!) to visit his hatching room and touch a baby one. And I did. Not touching any croaking lizard though. lol

2 comments:

Barry said...

You're my hero Joan! I wouldn't put one of those babies in my underpants though.

joan williams said...

lol. I should hope not Barry!