Monday, February 3, 2014

Three six loves, WOW!

I know most people would disagree, but I am not really the boastful type...at least not all the time!

Anyway as as someone who just loves to play and dominoes and thus expects to get or give six loves, giving it really gives a rush and I gave 3 six loves on Saturday. Mercy me and these were not amateurs but rather, very boastful people who came to the table declaring that they usually pay for money but were willing to oblige us non gamblers.

This was at Calvin's birthday party at beautiful Pimento Hill overlooking the spectacular Long Bay in Portland.

Although Long Bay is beautiful and unspoiled, it tends to be a bit rough but I had still planned to get a dip. Unfortunately, Portland is also famous for its constant rainfall and Saturday was no different as we arrived in quite a heavy drizzle and each time the sun came out and one felt it was a permanent respite,
 the rain came again.

So we settled down to just enjoying the food scenery and camaraderie and that was no mistake as there was great food galore, unlimited liquor and great dominoes.

Stewie and I  played first and after we dropped the first six love, it was food time.

Then they dragged Stewie away to operate the karaoke set up and the boastful ones insisted that they were not going to play with me and a new partner as they had to give back the six love to Stewie and I . Eventually they relented and I played with Calvin's cousin who was here from Florida for the party.

 We quickly polished  them off with another 2 six loves.
The food break did not help them at all! lol



I guess that is the closest i will ever get to heaven, especially in light of the fact that the last time I  played, that's  two weeks ago at Silver Sands, I got two six loves myself.

The reason for the constant six loves is of course because we play bruk an spoil, that is when the six series is broken we start over again until one time goes to six non stop. But it didn't take too many starts to polish off those guys as they were more style than substance and as usual, men always under-estimate female players.

It was really a great party and  am glad that I took a leave from Jazz festival for the first time in about ten years to go east instead, although I understand my Beres mass up di place.

Anyway, I will see him soon, somewhere else.

No comments: