Monday, December 26, 2022

A very cold Christmas

I knew it was cold in the USA but I had no idea it could be so cold in Southern Florida! Well, it hasn’t been this cold here in over 30 years the weather people declared, but why did it have to happen when I was here?

Heading outside in my winter coat in Florida! Window inside all misty.

 It’s a good thing the last time I was in Colorado, I   brought over my winter garb as without them, I would probably have frozen to death. 

 30’s and 40’s  in Southern Florida. It is inhumane!

 This is definitely climate change at work, for on   Christmas day when we were in the 40’s, my friend in Colorado said it was in the 50’s there? 

Two days before, it had dropped a whopping 47 degrees in two hours there. My daughter’s poor dog, smart girl that she is, refused to go outside so left her owner an unwelcome Christmas present inside.😖

All the same, while I was griping, 48 people died of cold-related problems in the the USA, most in the Buffalo area where there were blizzards. And in the Dakotas, it went down to 62 below zero, the weatherman just announced.

So, in retrospect, we were warm here and I had a good Christmas lunch with friends Sonja and Rosa. The plan was to go play dominoes afterwards, but my bed sent me a message that this was a crazy idea. So, I didn’t. Instead, I drove home and watched two movies with my grandson and his mother.😊

 A much better idea.

Another good Christmas and I shall always be eternally grateful for warm weather, and of course stay healthy in 2023.











No comments: