Saturday, January 7, 2023

A beautiful park

                                    

Atop a hill at Three Mountains Park

There is nothing I dislike about
 Florida more than how flat it is.                                                           
As an outdoor enthusiast who likes to 
hike and cycle, I find nothing more boring than not having hills and valleys to traverse. 
      
Nice view at Vista View

In fact, it is so terrible that I have basically parked my bicycle since coming to Florida.                                                                                           
Me who have been a cycling enthusiast since as far back as I can remember.😡      

All was not entirely lost though, for I had discovered a park in nearby Coral Springs called Three Mountain Park.

So named because it has three dumped-up hills. 

In desperation I have been going there on Saturdays, so as not to lose my hill climbing muscles totally.

Section of Vista View

It’s certainly not a Park though although it is listed as such.

I would just call it an open area, for it has no hiking trails, is often overgrown and only has a tiny, inadequate play area for kids.

Nice hiking trails at Vista View

It’s so yucky, that most times I go there, I see no one else.

But to get away from the flatness, I looked forward to the Saturday treks there.

Until a friend introduced me to Vista View Park in Davie, some 20 minutes away.

Well Three Mountain Park will never see me again and I think the CITY OF CORAL SPRINGS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF FOR EVEN CALLING THAT DUMP A PARK. 😡

Vista View Park only has hills because it was dumped up, just like Three Mountains Park. But guess what, they have put in benches, tables, hiking trails, restroom and water station, because clearly, the people at Davie know what a park is!

I have never seen any animals except a wild coyote once at Three Mountains. But there were sand cranes peacefully feeding in the grass when I went to Vista View today. Also there are quite a few burrowing owls that lay and hatch in roped-off areas, as they are clearly protected there.

I am elated to find somewhere with hills in Broward, being run by City Council that really cares.

Coral Springs City Council sucks.

Even animals know the difference!

 But at least the City of Davie knows what a Park is!

 

 












 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Florida is way too flat for my liking. Hope you get to enjoy riding again.