Thursday, May 16, 2024

Afrrican American Museum, Charleston


There was so much to see at the International African American Museum, that I was disappointed that I had so little time to take it in properly.

In fact, from all appearances, it appeared to have a far more comprehensive history than many others I have visited. For as it promises; it tells the unvarnished stories of the African American experience across generations, the trauma and triumph that gave rise to a resilient people.

The pictures and story boards I was able to see during a limited period, were really good.

So, below I have recorded all the pics and stories I was able to take, in the hope that soon I will be able to return to them and educate myself thoroughtly. 































section of thesculpture garden outside the museum




If I ever visit Charleston again, I will certainly put aside an entire day to spend inside this beautiful and educational museum.

 

No comments: