Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Classic

This is a classic.

Today as I drove my sixteen year old grandson to meet his friends, I noticed that the temperature gauge on the car was heating up so pulled into a service station to purchase coolant. I told him I had to stop because the car was overheating and he asked me quite sincerely why was I bothering to stop instead of just turning on the air condition? Wow. That was my hearty laugh for the day!

But should I really have been surprised that a member of the younger generation thinks that all heating problems can be solved by turning on the air condition? On reflection, no.

He is now at the age to get a license in the USA but I know whose car he will never drive!

I think in about ten years when he has his license and hopefully his own car, I will ask him what does one do when the car is over heating.

Wait for it!

No comments: