Saturday, October 8, 2022

Bias by VAM Band.

I quite enjoy the free concerts put on from time to time by the City of Tamarac😊. And the Mayor, Michelle Gomez is quite a people person who never fails to attend and interact with guests.

With my friend Carol

She is running for re-election this November and I see from various posters all over the place that she has competition. 

Problem is, I have never seen her competitor socializing at any of the Tamarac functions!

So how does he plan to win an election if no one knows him?

Strange form of politicking but it ain’t my business, I guess!😏

Anyway, the latest concert I went to was one entitled; Concert on the Green, on the 7th October, with VAM Band.

Their brochure shows all-white band, and to tell the truth if I had something better to do, I wouldn’t have attended, as I am just not into white music

It’s not a form of racism, just a preferred style of music.

Well, you could have hit me down with a straw when I saw the performers as it was not an all white group at all! 

For the lead singer was a black young man! 

And he was not the only black member either, as a guitarist was too!

So why weren’t they featured in ad?

 One can only ask. It couldn’t be because the management had no time to change their promotional material, as with modern technology, these things can be done immediately.

I really don’t have a good impression of VAM band because of their promotional material!

Anyway, the singers were excellent, especially the man, whose style varied from soul to pop to rap and jazz quite easily. 

He even sounded like the late, great Otis Redding at times.

There was a female singer and she was good too, although she stuck mainly to pop and Latin music.

So, I enjoyed another concert  put on by the City of Tamarac, but did not appreciate the bias displayed by the management of the VAM BAND.












 

1 comment:

VAM Band said...

Joan Williams thank you for sharing your review! this is Adam Moskowitz, the bandleader & guitarist. About the promo materials, the lineup of the VAM Band is variable show to show, so while its not consistent on exactly which musicians perform at each show, what is consistent is the very high level quality of musicians & entertainment. We always credit our individual players, as seen in the post. The promo picture used on the flyer was simply from a show earlier this year, a wedding we played in February with a different lineup. We hope you understand, There is 100% only love, and we truly are thankful you came and enjoyed the show 🎢 πŸ’™ we hope you can come see us again sometime VAMband.com for schedule and all kinds of band photos you can see there if you take one extra step and look up the band’s website instead of just 1 flyer