Saturday, June 24, 2023

A cultural powerhouse

 Ghana which has more than 100 tribes (which all live peacefully together), is considered the cultural powerhouse of the 54 nations that make up our motherland.

I became a member of the Krobo tribe when I got my new name KORLEKi. 

(https://joan-myviews.blogspot.com/2023/06/a-cultural-awakening.html?m=1).

The Krobo people are mainly farmers and below is the Chief; Nene Sasraku II.


He is also the President of the Council of Chiefs in Ghana.

As I learn about my roots, I also have to learn about their cultural norms. 

Below are videos of excerpts from a female puberty ceremony and a male one. 




I am being taught that the human body is God's great creation and we should never be ashamed of it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ghanaian culture continues
Good experience