Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Niagara Falls.....Again

Although this was my fourth visit to Niagara Falls, Canada, I did not remember it being so absolutely fabulous. Well actually my third visit was to the American side which is far smaller and the park not half as fabulous.

Terrible thing about that trip is that it was before I got a digital camera. I had taken my grandson Shadrach there from Manhattan and would you believe the roll of film I bought there was old so not one picture came out!!!!! I could have had a heart attack.

The first time I went there I was only 14 years old and had gone on vacation with my parents and really don't remember that much about it. The second time was  when I used to live in Canada , many many years ago and again I dont remember much about that trip.

Anyway this time it was with my other gran, Madelyn. She is just one year old and had come over with her parentsas we are all going to surprise Aunt Bell, my last surviving aunt who is 85 years old today 4th July.
It was her dad, Devin's idea that we go to Niagara Falls as he had never been there and it was a great idea. So along with Donna and her kids , we headed out and it was only about an hour and half drive from where we were staying with Diana.



Incidentally, Diana has one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen outside of a publicly funded botanical garden. She is quite a workaholic,  not only putting in many hours  gardening but also personally doing major construction work on her home and the results are fabulous.



It was really great hanging out with my favourite granddaughter  and the rest of the family and as I said before, Niagara falls is really fabulous...... really one of the great wonders of the world.


As we had the kids, we never got to go on the Maid of the Mist boat behind the falls this trip but  Shadrach and I had done it the last time. However we did go down 135 feet under the falls and view them all from behind and it was absolutely awesome as the force and quantity of water that you see up close is really beyond imagination.


The kids had a wonderful time not only running up and down but eating and going through all the toys in te3h shops. And we grown up also had a great time.


Niagara falls is worth a visit every time.


For more photographs see;http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151081258576823.489965.763366822&type=1

No comments: