Tuesday, July 24, 2012

R. Kelly Sucks

I really don't think Jamaica needs R. Kelly.

The first time he came here, he dropped his pants on stage. Big disrespect or should I say, no big thing!


Then last year he should have come for I think it was Jazz Festival and he dropped out at the last minute. But guess what? Coco Tea substituted for him and did a fantastic job, much better crowd response than Kelly would have received.


Don't get me wrong. I think he is extremely talented but seems to have too many issues.

I wanted to see Shabba at Sumfest (who I hear brought down the house) more than him, but unfortunately, I could not get there Friday night so had to settle for Saturday night when Kelly was the head- liner.

Well to begin with, he was almost an hour late and did not even bother to apologise, instead saying he was a bit tipsy as he had been on the beach drinking. Very irresponsible and disrespectful. Then his 45 minute performance was no big thing, only a few of his many hits near the end.

On the other hand, Juniour Gong, Christopher Martin and Protege were excellent all the way and so was a new upcoming artist called Concious.


I am not at all chauvinistic so I don't mind listening to  and watching foreign artists at these events but I think we have had enough of R. Kelly.

No comments: